Saturday, September 26, 2009

First Field Trip!!!

I have been meaning to update the blog for a while now but lately it just seems that I am always busy doing something or another.

Before getting into the field trip details, let me share our latest Science project... constellation finders! These were a big hit... all of us LOVE them & think they are waaaaaaay cool!



And here's a pic of our cat learning how to do math! He actually was swatting at the TV a little! It was precious!



And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for... our first field trip!!! We went to St Bernard Abbey/Ava Maria Grotto in Cullman & had a blast. Although our tour guide got called away at the last minute on an emergency so we didn't get an official tour of either place. We did get to actually walk through & see the Grotto, but not the Abbey! That was very disappointing to me b/c I REALLY wanted to get a tour of the abbey! I'll post a few pics for your viewing pleasure!



The Grotto...


The Monk who created it all...


The Abbey Church...


The Cemetery located beside the Grotto...
The pathway to the cemetary was lined with the 14 stations of Jesus! I loved them... they were beautiful!


The small church that was in the middle of the cemetery...


Leaving the cemetery...

No comments:

Post a Comment