Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Catching Up!

I know... I haven't update the blog in like forever!!! Forgive me!

So, what have we been up to??? Well, let me tell you...

Austin wrote his first Ballad Stanza in Creative Writing:
A feather floated through the air
birds flew over head in V’s.
A duck waddled by undisturbed
of the feathers that dropped down here.
It may be just me but I like it!!!

We are already finished with Math-U-See, Epsilon & according to the placement tests we're skipping Zeta (though we will be doing a decimal review) & then moving straight into Pre-Algebra! Yay! Austin's finally caught up & doing 8th grade math! He really flew through fractions! Wow!

He has also gotten his first report card & I must say he did well... all A's & B's! Praise the Lord! This is a huge improvement from public school & no Mama isn't just giving him grades... he's earning them! I think the main difference is that Mama knows what he's doing in school & not letting him get away with NOT doing work! In public school I had a hard time figuring out what he was doing so that I could stay on him to do it but not anymore!

We have also gotten his school pics done. My 2 favorites are...



We have been on 2 more field trips (one to a local Fall Festival where there were Civil War & American Revolution exhibits & one to an old mining museum/community)...











And our latest school projects...





I think you're all caught up now!

No comments:

Post a Comment